Saturday 23 May 2020

Review: Just My Luck by Adele Parks

I was attracted to this book by the gorgeous cover and the intriguing story. Who hasn't wondered what they would do if they suddenly came into a lot of money?

Once a week for fifteen years three couples have been meeting up and playing the same lottery numbers. One night they have an argument about whether to continue and the following day six very familiar numbers come up. Lexi and Jake suddenly find themselves in possession of a winning lottery ticket...

Just My Luck is a clever domestic thriller/family drama. Three families, six supposed best friends, and the cracks that appear when one couple wins seventeen million pounds. As the story progresses we learn that each person has a secret, some characters are not quite as nice as they appear, and others will do anything to be in with a share of a fortune. There are little twists all the way through, but be prepared for a couple of massive ones that I certainly didn't see coming! 

Just My Luck shows how easy it is for someone's almost-perfect life to unravel when they come into a lot of money, despite their best intentions. We wouldn't make any of these mistakes, would we? Even Lexi, who is at first determined to keep everything 'normal' finds herself coerced into throwing a celebratory party that just gets bigger and bigger until it's completely out of control.

I loved Just My Luck (such a clever title!). It's the perfect summer read and would appeal to fans of authors such as Lianne Moriarty and Lisa Jewell.


Thank you to Adele Parks and HQ for my copy of this book, which I requested from NetGalley and reviewed voluntarily.

No comments:

Post a Comment